The Botanic Gardens are home to the renowned glasshouse, Palm House and Tropical Ravine. Both growing a multitude of exotic plant species. The Palm House building was designed by Sir Charles Lanyon, who also helped design parts of nearby Queen’s University. The foundation stone was laid in 1839 and the two wings were completed in 1840 by leading ironmaster, Richard Turner. The dome was added in 1852. Today, the park is popular with residents, students and tourists alike and is an important venue for concerts, festivals and other events.
Please visit the venue’s website for up-to-date travel and facilities information.